I wanted to have a real productive day at work today since I was only working a half day. I think that I did accomplish that. I'm feeling a bit more motivated lately. That's definitely a good thing!
Wednesday, September 30, 2009
Tuesday, September 29, 2009
Friday, September 25, 2009
Folic Acid is recommended for any woman who is or who wants to become pregnant soon. A minimum of 400 mcg (that's micro grams)is recommended daily for those who are trying to conceive or who are pregnant.
Wednesday, September 23, 2009
I have been posting this blog for about a year. Up until recently it was hosted here. If you are interested in reading some of my previous posts you can click here. From time to time I will link to previous posts as reference.
Tuesday, September 22, 2009
I was looking at the front page of my blog and I realized that the Twitter updates weren't mine. What's up with that? For now, I have removed the Twitter feature. If you wish to follow me on Twitter click here.
Monday, September 21, 2009
If I happen to be wearing something without a pocket, I'll pin the pouch to the inside of my waistband. If I'm ever in a car accident I wonder what the EMT's will think. I'm sure they'll take me straight to the mental ward. Wish me luck.
Friday, September 18, 2009
I'm trying to live a life that's more positive. The past 19 months have been really stressful.
Thursday, September 17, 2009
I'm told that keeping a positive attitude is important when TTC.
- You can drink alcohol (and who doesn't need a drink when AF shows?)
- Sushi! A no-no for the preggos, a yes yes for the infertiles!
- Coffee!! And other beverages laden with caffeine.
- You can eat Brie and other soft cheeses (I like mine heated with minced garlic, Yummy!)
- Added fertility treatments bring your Dr. that much closer to completing his home renovations (so really you're helping the economy)
- No worries when cleaning the cat litter box (although in retrospect this may not be a positive)
- If you get a headache you can take Ibuprofen
- You can lift heavy objects (but why would you want too?)
- You no longer have to postpone that all important dental cleaning.
- Go crazy! Get some X-rays taken
- Hot tubs!
- Why not go scuba diving?
- You can get your hair coloured, maybe a new look is all you need
Wednesday, September 16, 2009
In had an interesting realization the other day, that may negatively affect my coworkers.
- I am *thisclose* to starting fertility treatments
- Another (female) coworker is going to be starting her treatments soon
- yet another approaching 40 female coworker is getting married next summer - and it's possible that she will be receiving fertility treatments.
Tuesday, September 15, 2009
Today I had my annual physical exam. Before making the decision to become a mother I only saw the doctor once a year (and I only went so I could get my birth control prescription refilled). Now I swear I see my doctor 3 or 4 times a year.
Sunday, September 13, 2009
For those of you who have come here from my previous blog welcome to my new site! For first time visitors, you can find a history of my posts on my previous blog at: Pregnant Yuppy. You can also follow me on Twitter. As always, I will gladly answer your TTC, infertility, or pregnancy loss questions at: pregnantyuppy(at)gmail(dot)com.