Before Hubby and I were married we discussed having children. We were both certain that neither of us wanted kids. Yup 100% sure. In fact we were married for nearly 10 years before I started to change my mind. Maybe it was being surrounded by pregnant friends, or maybe it truly was the tick-tock of my biological clock, either way, I was determined. I even had a name picked out!
Saturday, October 31, 2009
Friday, October 30, 2009
Thursday, October 29, 2009
So yesterday Hubby and I made our way to our first appointment at the fertility clinic. I didn't know if I should be excited because we were finally getting help, or nervous at what they might tell us.
Wednesday, October 28, 2009
Tuesday, October 27, 2009
You know how in March Xmas seems so far away, but yet you're still thinking about it? How you let that excitement build for the next 9 months? How you build up the day so much in your mind that you almost hope it never comes in case it lets you down?
Monday, October 26, 2009
I'm back from visiting my grandparents and I seem to have brought a new lease on life back with me. My grandmother just turned 95, and my grandfather is not far behind at 93. While visiting I wondered how many other 30-somethings still have grandparents, let alone 2? They have been married for 72 years.
- I will no longer avoid buying new clothes in case I might be pregnant. Pregnant or infertile I still need to look good!
- I will no longer avoid physical activity in case I might be pregnant.
- If I'm craving sushi and I haven't seen a BFP - I'm eating it! (same goes for soft cheeses and wine)
- I will not let my chart dictate my love life
- I will not avoid planning a vacation
- Regardless if Hubby and I ever have a child, we will be happy with our lives.
Tuesday, October 20, 2009
Monday, October 19, 2009
We all know that not every woman has a 28 day cycle, and certainly not every woman ovulates on the 14th day of her cycle. It seems that in the land of infertility I score an A+ when it comes to my cycle. I am one of the lucky ones with a 29 day cycle (average) who ovulates between cycle day 13 - 15.
So, since I'm on cycle day 13 today that means that I will be ovulating in the next couple of days. You know that that means....
Bam Chicka Wow Wow!!
Saturday, October 17, 2009
Almost, October 18th is our anniversary. Our 13th wedding anniversary to be exact. Where does the time go? The first ten years breezed by as we were busy with our careers and buying a house or two, and traveling. The next 3 years (at least for me) can be sectioned off into my monthly cycles and then even further into 2 week increments.
Thursday, October 15, 2009
October 15th is Infant and Pregnancy Loss Remembrance Day. Other than my angel's due date and the date of my loss, this is an important date for me. This is a day when all of us mothers, and fathers, and extended families can all lend support to each other and remember our angels. Our stories will be different, but the ache in our hearts will be similar.
I know that if you haven't experienced a loss that you might not know what to say or how to feel, and that's okay. All I ask is that you let us remember our angels.
Miscarriage and stillbirth is still so common (and unfortunately will never be 100% preventable). The sad statistic is that 25% of all pregnancies will end in miscarriage.
I guarantee that you know someone who has lost a child. Just in my office there are 4 of us (25% of our workplace).
Wednesday, October 14, 2009
Monday, October 12, 2009
- I'm thankful that hubby and I are both employed and working for good people.
- I'm thankful that we are smart with money and while the savings account has definitely dwindled this year, we are not in debt (except for the mortgage).
- I'm thankful that we live in a country that offers healthcare for everyone.
- And ~ I'm very thankful for my Hubby. He is truly the yin to my yang. In other words, where I get all worked up and stressed out, he stays relaxed and calm. He has truly been my rock while we go through infertility.
Wednesday, October 7, 2009
Sunday, October 4, 2009
Saturday, October 3, 2009
On Friday the Fertility Clinic called to book our first appointment! In Canada we have public health care which means that unless you have a life threatening condition, there is usually a wait list to see a specialist. Plus, there are only 2 fertility clinics in our province that serve not only our population but also the population of a neighbouring province that doesn't have a clinic. So, it can take a while to get an appointment. My Doctor wrote the referral letter back in the spring. So it did take about 6 months for our appointment. Good thing I'm patient.