BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Lucky # 20?

Cycle #19 was a bust - just like the 18 previous cycles. Today I start cycle #20.

I was completely caught of guard with this period. I had no symptoms of its approach (other than my drop in temperature). No pimples, no food cravings, no cramping. Instead I woke up this morning, feeling pretty good in fact. My good mood lasted for about an hour until I picked up my BBT thermometer and checked today's reading.

My temperature had dropped a bit yesterday. I was hoping that was just a blip since I hadn't slept well. In fact, I honestly thought that it would go up again today. When I saw today's temp I had to check it again.

96.58 degrees Fahrenheit. At this point, I knew that there was no hope that I could be pregnant, none whatsoever. But I felt good and got on with my day.

During this morning's staff meeting I started to feel a few small cramps. I rushed to the washroom right after to "get prepared" for my period. Instead I was greeted by her early arrival.

It reminded me of when I was a young teenager. Too young to really know anything about my period, too young to be on birth control, too young to care. I never tracked anything about my periods then. I really had no idea of when my period would show. After a couple of embarrassing moments, I soon learned to pay attention. This morning was very nearly another embarrassing moment!

So onwards and upwards. I went home at lunchtime and called the fertility clinic to book my HSG and I called the radiology clinic to book my ultrasound. I will go for another FSH test on Thursday. Hubby has his second semen analysis on Thursday as well (this time they are testing for antibodies).

Other than the testing this will be a "normal" cycle for us. We aren't scheduled to return to the fertility clinic until December 15th. Hopefully if I'm not pregnant by then we can start to get more aggressive.

0 comments:

My Chart

Related Posts with Thumbnails
There was an error in this gadget