BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, November 6, 2009

Pregnant For the First Time?

Are you pregnant right now? Is this your first child? Do yourself a favour and do not put yourself on any mailing lists!

When I was pregnant (which seems like a lifetime ago) I signed up for a discount card at the maternity wear store (yes, I was so excited that I had already started to buy maternity clothes. Most of which are still in my closet with the tags attached).

That small act has resulted in me getting coupons and samples in the mail for each of my baby's "milestones". Unfortunately my baby didn't even survive long enough for us to see his heartbeat on an ultrasound.

A month before our due date we started to get diapers and formula in the mail. Every few months after more would show up congratulating us on our baby's growth and development. Do you have any idea how this feels to a woman who not only lost her baby but hasn't been able to conceive again?

The kicker was the telemarketer who called to congratulate me on our "new arrival" in an attempt to sell me an education savings fund. I do feel bad now for my response, but at the time I think it was forgivable. I said "my baby died" and hung up.

I don't mean to sound jaded, but excuse me, I am. So please, if you are expecting, wait before you put your name on any list. Trust me, you can sign up at any time, just don't do it too soon!

And to the companies who have that information - make it easy for families to get off your list. 25% of pregnancies end in a loss. That's 25% of your potential customer base that you are hurting.

If you're wondering what I did with everything - all of the coupons hit the recycling bin. The formula samples (mostly full sized) were donated to the food bank.

1 comments:

liberalgranolagirl said...

Oh shit, I can only imagine the pain that it caused you. *hugs* I don't even know what else to say.

My Chart

Related Posts with Thumbnails
There was an error in this gadget