BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, November 21, 2009

Some Tips for the Fertiles of the World




I know that when I had my miscarriage that most people had no idea what to say to me. Most people (my own mother included) ended up saying something very hurtful (although that was clearly not their intention). I already wrote a blog post about what what not to say after a miscarriage and I'm not going to repeat it here. Unfortunately, unless you've experienced a loss of your own, you inevitably end up saying the wrong thing to a grieving mother.

The same holds true for the Fertiles. Unless you've experienced infertility first hand, you have no idea what to say or how to act when you're around an IF friend. All of us IF's have had to endure countless Facebook baby announcements and receiving e-mails of ultrasounds from pregnant friends.

I think that most of my readers are Infertile like me. What the world needs is a guidebook for the Fertiles. They already have the ability to procreate, let us have the guidebook! I came across these great links while reading I-V-F You and thought that I would share them with you as well.

Let's get it started:
What else can we add? Have you come across any articles - or do you have any other ideas of what the world needs to help accommodate the infertiles?

1 comments:

liberalgranolagirl said...

I love those links! FOr me the biggest thing is, just ask me how I am doing. I am very open about our IF struggle and for me, talking about it is therapeutic. I thankfully have fertile friends who get it and ask me how it's going. They ask about upcoming appts, tests, etc. They don't get squeamish and grossed out when I talk about Wandy, SAs, IUIs, etc. They ask me questions about PCOS, endo, leukopcytospermia. Having them get involved and ask questions makes me feel supported in the whole crazy journey.

My Chart

Related Posts with Thumbnails
There was an error in this gadget