BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, November 15, 2009

Sublime Sunday

On Sundays the t.v. typically belongs to Hubby. He is a HUGE football fan which basically means that from early June until the end of January he controls much of the remote control. (He follows both the CFL and the NFL - thankfully for me, he rarely watches college ball.) That doesn't mean that I'm without any power however.

Sunday morning before any pre-game shows start I have some quiet time. Junior and I spend some quality time together on the couch while watching Moving Up on TLC.

Junior has never been a cuddly cat. He was rescued from the streets when he was a kitten and most likely was born to a feral mom. While he's not cuddly he is sweet and kind and loves to play.

On Sunday mornings he and I have some special time together. Hubby and our other cat Gary always leave us alone too. Here's Junior all cuddled up:

Often I know that I expend way too much energy thinking about TTC and infertility and that's no way to live. I know that I need a sanity break every now and then. My boys are really good at keeping me grounded.

I know that pets are no substitute for children, but they don't require babysitters, never steal the car, and don't need a college education either. I don't call myself their mom, nor do I call them my furbabies, instead they are "my boys" and we love them dearly.


1 comments:

Good Eggies said...

My cat's name is Psycho and I have any number of other nicknames for her. Fluffy is one of my favorites (she's an American longhair calico. A cat mutt can with pretty markings).

I too do not use that furbaby identifier - I think it's a bit odd. But sometimes I do find my self referring to her as my baby - usually when I'm talking to her as in "How's my baby doing?" And I freak my self out and immediately say "But you're not a real baby" And look around furtively in case those ghosts in my 1930s apartment building heard me. Ha.

My Chart

Related Posts with Thumbnails
There was an error in this gadget