BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, December 17, 2009

2009 Holiday Letter

Jem over at Ambivalent Womb inadvertently gave me a post idea. Yesterday she posted her thoughts on people sending out holiday photos of their kids. You know the ones, the card arrives, the photo falls out onto the table. You pick it up and it's only of the kids, no parents, and there's no note. Or you open up the card and a 2 page family newsletter falls out. It's filled with a moment by moment description of each of the children's accomplishments.

Well it's my turn! Why should the Fertiles have all the fun?

My 2009 Holiday Letter:

Dear Friends and Family,

What a year 2009 has been! I started each day by taking my temperature at 5:15 am. Nothing says "Good Morning" better than hearing your digital thermometer beep its cheery tone at you. Of course Hubby disagrees, but after nearly 2 years of charting my daily temperature he's gotten used to it.

It's been so fun to live our lives in 2 week increments. You know the ones I mean. 2 weeks to live a normal life, followed by 2 weeks to obsess over every twinge my body makes, only to start all over again! The emotional ups and downs are way more fun than any roller coaster (which I wouldn't go on anyway - depending on which 2 week period it is).

And the longer it takes us to have a child, the more money that us D.I.N.K.S. (double income no kids) can amass - as many of you have pointed out to us on numerous occasions. Of course you know that we go on vacations and buy nice things solely to remind you of our "childfree" status. Ha ha ha!

I'm sorry that we haven't spent much time with you all lately, it's just so hard to find the time to get together. You see we're pretty busy working full time, trying to fit in visits to the fertility clinic and the lab for bloodwork. Plus, peeing on sticks and reading the results takes up a lot of my spare time. And did you know that Fertility Friend has a database of thousands of charts that you can look at anytime?

2010 is sure to be a blast too! I'll be taking synthetic hormones to help my ovaries produce better eggs. And since I'll be starting those in the middle of a prairie winter it will help to save on the heating bill as I'm told to prepare for some wicked hot flashes! In a few more months, Hubby will get to inject me with even more hormones!

It's hard to believe that some couples don't do anything together it seems we're always doing things together, often every other day!

I wanted to send you a photo of our boys in their Santa hats, but only one would cooperate. You know how they are at that age. So here's a photo of our oldest. He was pouting and wouldn't look at the camera!


Have a very Happy Holidays!

2 comments:

Jem said...

Love the Holiday letter. Wouldn't it be grand to send something like this out.

I actually started talking about the horrors of ART to my hairdresser. He couldn't hack it and changed the subject.

Very cute cat. It looks like our Sharkey.

Brandielou said...

I absolutely love your blog! I love the letter. I swear sometimes it gives me chills to read those who have been on a long road to TTC because it feels like kindred spirits sometimes! It just fills me with happiness to know that I'm not crazy and the feelings that I have aren't insane!

I hope the clomid works and all goes so well you end up *not* saving on the heating bill :P

My Chart

Related Posts with Thumbnails
There was an error in this gadget