On Thursday night (the same day as our IUI treatment) Hubby and I attended an IVF (in-vitro fertilization) information night. Our Fertility Clinic requires that all couples attend an information session before you can move forward with IVF treatment. We booked it 2 months ago so it was a coincidence that it fell on the same day as our IUI.
Sunday, January 31, 2010
Friday, January 29, 2010
Wednesday, January 27, 2010
*Thanks to Engrish Funny for a timely photo!
Sunday, January 24, 2010
This is the week for our big IUI appointment. Although I use the term "appointment" rather loosely since we have no idea what day we'll be going in for the procedure. That's not easy for a planner like me. I've had to block off the mornings in my calendar so no one books any meetings with me at work - just in case.
Thursday, January 21, 2010
I was reading Kate's post about relaxing and it definitely got me to thinking about the advice that I've received from well meaning friends about TTC. I do need to say that we have not announced to the world that we are TTC or that we are infertile, and only a select few know about our miscarriage. Even so, I'm not immune to bad advice.
- at least you and DH get to spend more time with just you two. A baby takes up so much time.
- God will bring you a baby when you are ready for it
- at least you don't have to worry about an "oops"
- you're so lucky you can spend money on X, once you have a baby you won't be able to afford that
- Shouldn't you just pray about it harder? I really think if you just prayed and really believed, God will answer
- You need to adopt and then you'll get pregnant!
- If something is wrong and you need medical assistance, maybe you aren't healthy enough to have a baby
Wednesday, January 20, 2010
Tuesday, January 19, 2010
Last week Claire over at Fertility Authority tagged me in her post about celebrities and infertility.
Saturday, January 16, 2010
AF is finally here! I don't know about you, but once I know that a cycle is a bust I want her to show up so I can get started on the next cycle ASAP. This is cycle #22 of actively TTC. I can't believe it's taking so long.
Wednesday, January 13, 2010
Monday, January 11, 2010
Today was my 2nd appointment with my naturopath, Dr. A. Let me start off by saying how wonderful it is. I was halfway through our discussion about my chart when it hit me that I was openly discussing my cervical mucous and position with a man! I don't even discuss this with Hubby because he "doesn't want to hear about it. Just tell me when it's go time".
Sunday, January 10, 2010
Friday, January 8, 2010
Thursday, January 7, 2010
Okay, who am I kidding? I've had way more than a few regrets in life. There are many moments that I would love a "do-over" for. But this post is about my regrets while trying to conceive and the 2 week wait.
Wednesday, January 6, 2010
- Getting pregnant is really not as simple as sperm meets egg
- It hurts as much to lose a pet as an adult as it does when you're a child (maybe even more)
- It's always a good idea to have some money in the bank for a rainy day (or a recession)
- No matter what someone's beliefs are, they think that their beliefs are the "right" ones and that everyone else is "wrong"
- A miscarriage is a big deal. A very big deal.
- Having sore boobs does not mean that you are pregnant
- The internet is a great place to meet new friends
- It's okay to have a little grey hair
- If you've had a bad day a cuddle with your cat makes you feel better
- Cooking for yourself is cheaper and tastes much, much better. It's healthier too!
Tuesday, January 5, 2010
First she awarded me with the Lemonade award, and now the Kreativ Blogger award!
- Share 7 things you don't know about me.
- Name 7 other blogs to receive this award.
- Leave a comment on each of their blogs I nominated.
- Thank the person who gave you the award.
- I crochet baby afghans. I have for years, even before we were TTC. I try to crochet an afghan for each of my friends as they have a baby. If they're lucky, and time permits, I'll make one for each child.
- I was born in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan. Go ahead, try saying that 3 times fast! I'm proud of my prairie roots but have no plans to ever move back.
- I tried snowboarding. I sucked at it. When I nearly broke my tailbone I gave it up - forever!
- I wrote my Honours Thesis comparing the different theories of Human Evolution. I got an "A".
- I now work as an Outside Sales rep. No relation whatsoever to my undergraduate studies.
- The letter "E" on my keyboard is wearing off. Only the letter "E". I often wonder if I type a lot of "E"'s? EEEEEEEeeeeeee
- I can touch the tip of my nose with my tongue. No, I will not show you.
This time I will follow the rules. Here are some other TTC / infertility blogs that I follow:
- Busted Plumbing - Great writing, great graphics, and great giveaways too!
- In The Name of The Father - AKA Infertility Guy - infertility is not just for us gals.
- Womb For Improvement - I have to love her. She also spells colour with a "u"
- Everything Happens for a Reason - Daytona Tuesdays, need I say more
- Bottoms On & Off the Table - Check out her "Infertility Hope-O-Meter"
- Ambivalent Womb - She just says it like it is
- Chasing Pitter Patters - She just came back from an amazing tropical vacation where monkeys (real live monkeys) would visit her room. By all rights I should hate her as I watch our mercury drop, but she's just too lovable. Real monkeys, imagine that.
Thanks again Roxanne. I'm glad that you have enjoyed reading! I have enjoyed writing as well.
Monday, January 4, 2010
This has been in my draft posts for quite some time now. I'm embarrassed that I never got around to posting it sooner.
Thank you to Roxanne at The Quest for Baby Hang for honouring me with the Lemonade award.
Like I said in my "Superior Scribbler" post, the internet has been a huge support and inspiration for me while TTC. I can't believe that I have over 200 followers on Twitter already. What this tells me is that there is a huge percentage of the population who is TTC and/or experiencing infertility. I'm glad that we have somewhere that we can connect. I, for one, would not be as comfortable talking to someone face to face about cervical mucous!
I am going to break the rules here (I know, shocking!). As I started to nominate 10 blogs, I realized that they have already been awarded this esteemed award (nothing like coming late to a party). So if you are reading this - please take a look also at my blogroll in the sidebar. Those are all great blogs and are worthy of a look. I hope that this doesn't disqualify me (either way I'm not giving it back).
Sunday, January 3, 2010
For some TTC is a simple process. You toss the birth control, have unprotected sex, and nine months later you have your baby. For some of us, it's not so simple. But why should we wait to find out when we're going to have a baby and what sex the baby will be?
Friday, January 1, 2010
While 2009 doesn't leave with a lot of happy memories (lay off, infertility), it was a much better year than 2008 was (miscarriage). By my reasoning, then 2010 will continue the trend and be a much better year than 2009 was. Right?