BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, January 31, 2010

IVF Orientation


On Thursday night (the same day as our IUI treatment) Hubby and I attended an IVF (in-vitro fertilization) information night. Our Fertility Clinic requires that all couples attend an information session before you can move forward with IVF treatment. We booked it 2 months ago so it was a coincidence that it fell on the same day as our IUI.


I don't think that either of us was looking forward to going. I've already learned a lot about IVF from the internet and my online friends. I didn't like the idea of being stuck in a small room with other people for 3 hours listening to someone go on and on about it.

The session was held in a lecture hall at the hospital. We figure that there was at least 50 couples there! That surprised me, they run these sessions every 2 weeks - how many infertile couples in our city can there be? It turns out at least 1/2 of the couples were in from out of town - many from several provinces over. Our clinic comes highly recommended in Canada.

Of course every classroom has one class clown. I'm all for asking questions if you're unsure, but this guy was embarrassing everyone - including the doctor! If nothing else, he gave Hubby and I something to chuckle over.

The bottom line: Hubby learned a lot about the IVF procedure. I learned that I really don't want to have to go through IVF if possible (I'm really, really hoping that the IUI worked). We invested $250 and 3 hours to bring us one step closer to treatment (if we need it).

2 comments:

Kacy said...

Being stuck in a room with all those people would make me anxious, but I think you pegged it right....your DH learned a lot. I wish they had a IUI/pregnancy/female reproductive organ class for my DH. Some days I just shake my head and laugh at the things he comes up with.

www.infertilityinstability.blogspot.com

IVF Clinic India said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

My Chart

Related Posts with Thumbnails
There was an error in this gadget