I was reading Kate's post about relaxing and it definitely got me to thinking about the advice that I've received from well meaning friends about TTC. I do need to say that we have not announced to the world that we are TTC or that we are infertile, and only a select few know about our miscarriage. Even so, I'm not immune to bad advice.
- at least you and DH get to spend more time with just you two. A baby takes up so much time.
- God will bring you a baby when you are ready for it
- at least you don't have to worry about an "oops"
- you're so lucky you can spend money on X, once you have a baby you won't be able to afford that
- Shouldn't you just pray about it harder? I really think if you just prayed and really believed, God will answer
- You need to adopt and then you'll get pregnant!
- If something is wrong and you need medical assistance, maybe you aren't healthy enough to have a baby