BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, February 27, 2010

99 Things


You've heard of the "Bucket List", this is similar. Someone wrote up 99 things to do before you die and it's been going around the internet. I found it on Holly's blog. Now it's my turn.

Bold the things that you've done...
1.
Started your own blog - well duh.
2.
Slept under the stars - yes twice at summer camp
3. Played in a band - Maybe I will if someone teaches me the "triangle"

4.
Visited Hawaii - not yet.
5.
Watched a meteor shower - Yup, every August if the skies are clear I try to sneak a peak at the meteor shower.
6.
Given more than you can afford to charity - I guess technically I could afford it since I'm still here and I'm not bankrupt.
7.
Been to DisneyWorld - I've been to DisneyLand and I've been near DisneyWorld
8.
Climbed a mountain - Not with ropes and crimpers, but on easy hiking trails. It still counts.
9.
Held a praying mantis - I don't think I've ever even seen a praying mantis.

10.
Sang a solo - Nope.

11.
Bungee jumped - Nope

12.
Visited Paris - Yes, twice actually.
13.
Watched a lightning storm - Of course! I grew up on the prairies!
14.
Taught yourself an art from scratch - If crocheting counts then yes
15. Adopted a child - We've adopted cats.

16.
Had food poisoning - unfortunately.
17.
Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty - I've never been to New York

18.
Grown your own vegetables - I grow a tomato plant every year and I try to grow herbs too.
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France - I've only seen the outside of the Louvre. It was closed that day.

20. Slept on an overnight train - I vaguely recall doing this as a child
21.
Had a pillow fight - Who hasn't?
22. Hitch hiked - never! This really shouldn't be on the list.
23.
Taken a sick day when you’re not ill - Okay I'll admit it. I did this once. Shame on me!
24. Built a snow fort - Of course. I grew up on the prairies remember?

25.
Held a lamb - I know I've held a goat so I'm counting this.
26.
Gone skinny dipping - Not that I can recall
27. Run a Marathon - Ha! Ha! Ha! That's a good one! Stop it, you're killing me!

28.
Ridden in a gondola in Venice - I saw the gondolas at the Venetian in Las Vegas

29. Seen a total eclipse - I remember one when I was really, really young.

30.
Watched a sunrise or sunset - who hasn't?

31.
Hit a home run - I think that's highly unlikely - unless we're counting video games.

32.
Been on a cruise - 2. One was not so good, the other was awesome.

33. Seen Niagara Falls in person -Nope

34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors - I've been to France & England, but not Sweden, Germany, Ireland, etc.

35. Seen an Amish community - No, but I've seen several Hutterite communities.

36.
Taught yourself a new language - I already speak French and I've been dabbling in learning Spanish for a while. It sure helps a lot when traveling.

37.
Had enough money to be truly satisfied - It's nice to be comfortable, however that doesn't stop me from buying the occasional lottery ticket.

38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person - I haven't been to Italy yet.

39.
Gone rock climbing - Nope

40. Seen Michelangelo’s David
- In photos yes.
41.
Sung karaoke - Once, I had drunk a lot that night.
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt
- I think I may have when I was really young when we were on a road trip to Colorado
43.
Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant
- I don't think that I've ever even bought a stranger a drink.
44. Visited Africa -
not yet.
45.
Walked on a beach by moonlight - for sure
46.
Been transported in an ambulance - thankfully no

47. Had your portrait painted - yes, by my art teacher

48.
Gone deep sea fishing - Nope, not really interested

49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person - nope, I've never been to Italy or Vatican City.

50.
Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris - Yes, both the real one and the one in Vegas
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling - I had a scuba lesson in Cuba, but we were never able to go out.
52. Kissed in the rain - probably
53. Played in the mud - Absolutely
54.
Gone to a drive-in theater - Plenty of times.
55.
Been in a movie - No, but I was in a beer commercial once

56. Visited the Great Wall of China - Not yet
57. Started a business
- No
58.
Taken a martial arts class - I was going to say no when I remembered that I took Tai Chi

59. Visited Russia - Not yet.

60. Served at a soup kitchen - not yet

61.
Sold Girl Scout Cookies - Way too many times. And when I was a girl we did it door to door. There was no setting up a table in the mall.

62.
Gone whale watching - no
63.
Got flowers for no reason - I think that once before we were married I got some
64.
Donated blood, platelets or plasma - several times
65. Gone sky diving - Nope
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp - No

67.
Bounced a cheque - Never
68. Flown in a helicopter -
Not yet
69.
Saved a favorite childhood toy - I have a few

70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial - I've never been to DC

71.
Eaten Caviar -
Yes, it was very salty
72.
Pieced a quilt - nope, I don't sew often
73.
Stood in Times Square - Remember, I haven't been to NYC

74.
Toured the Everglades - I flew over them does that count?

75. Been fired from a job -
Unfortunately yes. Apparently I didn't have "enough spunk". They suck
76.
Seen the Changing of the Guards in London - I never even saw the guards when we were there
77. Broken a bone - Just a finger thankfully
78.
Been a passenger on a motorcycle - Nope
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person - Not yet

80. Published a book -
nope
81.
Visited the Vatican
- I haven't been to Italy or Vatican City remember
82. Bought a brand new car - Yes. I love it!

83. Walked in Jerusalem - Nope

84.
Had your picture in the newspaper - I had my photo in a magazine when I was in University.
85. Kissed a stranger at midnight on New Year’s Eve - Mom! Stop reading! Just once. It's highly overrated.
86. Visited the White House - No - remember I haven't been to DC
87.
Killed and prepared an animal for eating - Nope
88.
Had chickenpox - Yes, I still have a rash phobia
89.
Saved someone’s life - yes, 'cause I used to give blood. I'm also a registered bone marrow donor.

90. Sat on a jury - Nope, and I don't know why. I'm very impartial

91.
Met someone famous - I've met several NHL players.
92. Joined a book club - I was going to but they don't always read books that I want to read.
93.
Got a tattoo - We all know that I have! In fact I have 3.
94.
Had a baby - Nope
95. Seen the Alamo in person - Nope

96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake - Nope - I flew over it.

97. Been involved in a law suit - Sort of. Uhaul tried to sue us for not returning a truck, thankfully I had all the paperwork that proved that we did.
98.
Owned a cell phone - Duh - yes.
99. Been stung by a bee - When I was a kid. Not for a long time.

By my count that's 50/99. How about you?




1 comments:

Holly said...

I like your list and I totally agree that hitchhiking shouldn't even be on here!

My Chart

Related Posts with Thumbnails
There was an error in this gadget