BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, February 12, 2010

Crap!



If you haven't already noticed on my chart at the top of my blog, my first IUI cycle was a bust. And so we begin cycle # 23 of TTC.

This cycle really hit me hard. It's been 2 years since we conceived our Angel (on Hubby's birthday). Things just haven't worked out very much for us since then. We weren't supposed to lose our baby, but we did. I should have been pregnant again by the time my due date rolled around, but I wasn't. I certainly should have been pregnant again before my birthday, nope that didn't work out either. Obviously I should have been pregnant before the one year mark after our loss, still no dice. And then we repeat another year. Still TTC, now with medical help, and still not pregnant.

If there's anything that I've learned through all this is that getting pregnant is a crap shoot. Sometimes you roll a 7, sometimes snake eyes. And of course, the House always wins.

Our plan for Cycle #23 is the same as for #22 - 100mg of Clomid on cycle days 3 - 7 (hooray more hot flashes) and an IUI. I'm not feeling as excited as I was the last cycle. In fact I considered skipping everything TTC related this cycle just for a break - maybe I still will. I'm not going to make any big decisions until I'm out of my failed cycle funk.

PS - I spoke the IUI nurse this morning. Did you know that you have to be off Clomid for 2 months prior to doing IVF? Neither did I. So we have a new plan this cycle. We're going to do an un-medicated IUI.


6 comments:

zengirl said...

"Crap"'s the word! So sorry that IUI didn't work this cycle. Getting pregnant has to be one of the world's greatest mysteries out there. Having been pregnant before, it's exasperating and frustrating not knowing why we're not able to get pregnant again, especially with all the extra added help... My AF just arrived. I'm as upset as you are... Sigh! On to the next cycle...

Lisa said...

That sucks... I'm sorry. I'm in BFN land with you this cycle so I get it. Good luck with your next cycle ... we'll be 2ww'ing together again and I'm hoping for the best for both of us.

Sweet Georgia said...

I'm sorry about your BFN. Good luck with your natural IUI, does that mean that if it doesn't work (and I hope it does work!) that you'd be going to IVF after that?

Dana said...

so THATS why they think I can only get 2 IUIs in before IVF in august! And I had to find it out from someone other than our freaking doctors!?!? Geez Louise!

Pregnant Yuppy said...

Georgia - We're on the wait list for IVF. The wait is 4 - 6 months. We've already completed the Orientation and blood tests. We're just waiting for our names to be at the top of the list. I'm still hopeful that we won't need to go the IVF route though.

Dana - I know! Can you believe it? This was the first that I heard about Clomid & IVF.

Honey B. said...

Best of luck for this cycle....sending lots of baby dust!!

My Chart

Related Posts with Thumbnails
There was an error in this gadget