BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Keeping It Real

I've been blog surfing. I kind of like it. It's like taking a walk at nighttime and peering in the windows of the houses that have the lights on and the shades open as you go by. You get a glimpse into someone else's life.


I somehow found my way over to Travellin' Oma's blog. In it she wrote an thought provoking post (complete with homework) on whether or not bloggers are really showing the world their true selves or if we're only showing our best side.

Other than being anonymous, I think I've kept it pretty real. You've all seen my tattoo. Heck, you're pretty much the only ones who know about this one.

You know what my in-laws reaction to us seeking fertility treatments is.

You know all about my menstrual cycles (something that Hubby still doesn't want to hear about).

And you know why I call myself the "Pregnant Yuppy" when I'm clearly not pregnant.

When you read my blog I hope that you feel as welcome as a dear friend who walks in without knocking. One who knows where I keep the coffee and cookies and helps herself before sitting down on the couch and putting her feet on the coffee table.

I'm glad that you stop by for a visit. It really makes my day.


8 comments:

Lisa said...

I'm glad you write your story. I love reading it and following along. I can't wait to read about your BFP after your IVF cycle! (the power of positive thinking, right?)

Shanel said...

Great post...my struggle with blogging is not saying enough.. and sometimes saying too much.... and also fearing criticm from those who know me... anway as a new blogger I've decided to write what's in my heart and write what feels good to me at the time... so far I haven't gone wrong...

Sweet Georgia said...

I love going blog surfing, it's so fun to see where you end up. I think I've been pretty "real" on my blog.

zengirl said...

I think that most women who keep IF blogs do tend to keep it real. Infertility and our struggles are such a private and sensitive matter that we often don't feel comfortable laying it all out for our family and friends to see. However, behind the anonymity of a blog, we can let it rip and unveil the most intimate details of our struggles. Sometimes it's our only outlet. I find IF blogs feel very real, and raw. And very personal.

Thanks for sharing your journey with us. I always feel welcome here, and I am very drawn to the similarities between your and my experiences. Reading about your painful history reminds me so much of mine...

Amy said...

Just found your blog. Best of luck to you on this next cycle! My husband and I are on our first round of clomid. I just started a blog and am being pretty open on it since no one in real life (aside from my husband) knows about it.

graceingray.tumblr.com

All the best,
Amy

Holly said...

I agree with the previous comment that most IF bloggers do tend to keep it real, it's not easy to paint pretty pictures of everything we deal with and we usually are blogging as an outlet. I definitely feel like you keep it real, and I love dropping by and propping my feet on your coffee table ;)

Meagan@Megs7827 said...

I just read those blogs you linked to. I loved catching up. Did the doctors ever explain how they weren't able to tell the baby died? I don't understand how they said it died at 6 weeks but they weren't able to tell? Was there a heartbeat?

Pregnant Yuppy said...

Hi Meagan, thanks for reading and for your comment.

We don't get ultrasounds here in Canada before the 12 week point in a pregnancy. When I went to my 8 week OB appointment I told her that I had some concerns as all of my pregnancy symptoms had disappeared - she said that it would still be too early for her to detect the heartbeat using a doppler. The following week I started to spot and ultimately had the miscarriage.

When I went to the ER (the day the spotting became bleeding) they did an ultrasound there. The fetus was measuring at about 6.5 weeks of development but there was no heartbeat. It's quite likely that it had never even started to beat. The technical term for this is called a "missed miscarriage".

My Chart

Related Posts with Thumbnails
There was an error in this gadget