BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Memorial Tattoo

I apologize for the photo quality. It's really hard to take a photo of yourself while trying to 1 - hold up your shirt and 2 - prevent a nip slip!


As you know I had a miscarriage nearly 2 years ago. It was a horrible experience both physically and psychologically. I don't know of anyone who has had a miscarriage who ever forgets about it. I'm sure that I will always wonder about the child that might have been when certain dates roll around - like my loss date and estimated due date.

That being said, the pain of the loss has certainly diminished with time. My body has long since healed and I'm more open to discussing our loss than I ever was before. But I don't want to forget about our baby.

I'm a big fan of tattoos. Even as a child when tattoos were only for bikers and sailors, I really loved them. I would be fascinated when I saw someone on the beach with tattoos. I always wanted to get a tattoo, but I want my tattoos to be meaningful.

After designing this tattoo months ago I finally decided it was time. I'd put it off for so long while TTC. So this past cycle when AF showed I just did it. I went to the shop and booked my memorial tattoo for the following week. Then I waited a long week for the day to come.

That day was yesterday.

This is not my first tattoo. I have 2 others. All are on my torso so I can hide them if I want to. I don't get tattooed for others but for me. I thought that this one would look good on my side just under my bra strap. And I was right. But EOWCH! Getting your ribs tattooed is not a pleasant experience! Ow! Ow! Ow!

But I'm a trooper and I laid there as still as I could so she could finish faster. And behold! Here is my memorial tattoo for our angel:




4 comments:

Jilly said...

That is beautiful. I have wanted to do the same, but like you, we always seem to be in a cycle or a 2WW. If we get a BFN next week I WILL get my tattoo. Thank you for sharing yours with us, I feel honoured. Good luck. X

Sarah said...

Oh wow, it's beautiful :D

zengirl said...

That's a beautiful memorial! Getting tattooed in the ribs sounds really painful! I admire your courage!

Chels said...

I love it! It's gorgeous!

My Chart

Related Posts with Thumbnails
There was an error in this gadget