BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Need Some Luck

Have I ever told you that I'm a partial nerd? I don't quite meet the criteria to be a complete nerd as I've never played Dungeons and Dragons, read comic books, and I don't know how to play chess. I am quite willing to accept the fact that I do have some nerd-esque qualities though. Such as - I loved the British t.v. show Red Dwarf. Most of my readers are probably way too young to even know what in the science fiction I'm talking about.


Red Dwarf was on t.v. in the late 1980s and early 1990s. It took place 1 million years in the future in outer space. The main character (Dave) had been put into stasis (i.e. was cryogenically frozen) as a punishment until his ship returned from their mission. In the meantime there was a radiation leak on the ship that killed all of his fellow crewmen. The ship's computer kept them flying around in space and once it was safe, thawed him out - that took a million years. So basically he is literally the last human being (as we know it) left.




Each episode was a new adventure as they travelled through space trying to get back to Earth. Other characters include the ship's computer (Holly), a hologram of Dave's former bunk mate (Rimmer), and what evolved from his pet cat (Cat). Confused? Remember, this was late 1980s, British, Science Fiction, Comedy.

I promise you - I do have a point and I'm getting there. Patience.

One episode they came upon an abandoned research ship. When they looked around they realized that the scientists had discovered, and isolated, that luck was actually a virus. Ever wonder why some people have all the luck? It's simple - they are infected with the luck virus!

Wow, I can't believe it took me 4 paragraphs to get to my point.

I've been thinking, I need to find a way to get myself infected with the luck virus. I'm not sure how it's transmitted though. Is it airborne? Who do you know that is super lucky? I want to spend some quality time with them and hope that I can catch it. At this point I may be willing to plant a big wet one on his/her lips! I'm not greedy though - I'm not asking for so much luck that I win the lottery, I just need enough to make sure that our IVF works on our first try.

So I'm asking, who do you know is super-lucky???



6 comments:

Fertility Chick said...

Ha! I totally remember Red Dwarf! I wish I knew someone who is super-lucky - luck definitely doesn't seem to hang around here much! If you find out, let me know! ;)

Thank you for all of your support on my blog - you don't know how much it is appreciated!

Also - completely unrelated - I need you to teach me how to create "pages" so that I can create different links like you've done in your nav bar above. For the life of me, I'm stumped! (Doesn't take much - lol!)

Pregnant Yuppy said...

It's actually really easy to add pages. While signed in, click on Posting. Then on Edit Pages. Then select the New Page button and away you go!

Anne said...

Hi!
I've just found your blog, it's great btw. I start my injections on the 19th as well! Best of luck with everything!

- A fellow Canadian!

Waiting Lisa said...

Well, I can tell you that it's definitely not me that is lucky!

But, I hope it turns out you are the one who is super lucky and that IVF works for you the first time!!

womb for improvement said...

Loved Red Dwarf too.

As for luck I don't know where you can get it from but I do know it isn't to be found in either the four or five (yes, five) leafed clovers that have been given to me. Neither is it hiding in the fertility rhino talisman (really) that I was given. Or the 'lucky' necklace.

Pregnant Yuppy said...

Liz - I've tried the 4 leaf clover thing too. So far no luck. I even carried around acorns in my pocket for a while (remember that?). The things we do!

My Chart

Related Posts with Thumbnails
There was an error in this gadget