BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

A New Relationship


Sure we've flirted before, but today was our first true "date". I know it was a date because I shaved my legs for the occasion. Of course I'm talking about Wandy. "Wandy" is the affectionate term that has been created for us Infertiles to refer to the probe on the ultrasound machine.

Today was the start of my relationship with Wandy. We're sure to see a lot of each other in the next month.

This morning I was back at the RE's for baseline bloodwork and ultrasound. Hubby came with me as we also had to have an injection lesson from the pharmacist.

My uterus lining looks "perfect" at 3mm. I have 7 small follicles on my right ovary and 5 on my left (or the other way around I can't remember anymore). I didn't know if they would see any follies since I've been taking suppression drugs for nearly 2 weeks now.

By 11am I got the call from the nurse. Everything looks great and I can start the injections today. They want me to do the injections between 1pm and 5pm each day. Hubby doesn't get home from work until closer to 6pm so I'm on my own.

Dear readers I have to tell you that I totally rocked my first injections! I had decided from the start that I had to be a big girl about this. Whenever I would get nervous I would think of the diabetic kids that I have known that do this every day. If they can do it for the rest of their lives, I can manage for 2 weeks.

I go back on Friday for another follow up and again on Monday for a "probing" (as Hubby calls it). Monday's probing - or as I prefer to call it - date with Wandy - will be special as it's also my b'day.

So if you're the praying type, please pray that this goes well for us. If you're not the praying type, can you cross your fingers or something for me?


11 comments:

Ashley said...

Fingers crossed for you that everything goes well this cycle!!

Holly said...

so excited for you starting this cycle! Way to go on the injections! I have realized that while they are not my favorite thing, they are not nearly as bad as I thought they'd be. Fingers crossed that this cycle is a success!

liberalgranolagirl said...

YAY for rocking the injections! They are not nearly as bad as I though they would be. I hope that everything goes great for y'all this cycle =)

rebecca said...

Praying everything goes smoothly for you this cycle! I agree the injections were not nearly as bad as I expected them to be...ah, yes & Wandy, you are correct you will get to be close friends in the next couple of weeks...hope she treats you well & continues to be the bearer of good news:)

Waiting Lisa said...

I had a date with wandy on my birthday once and I remember thinking it was quite comical at the time.

My fingers are crossed for you!

Sweet Georgia said...

Sounds like you're off to a flying start! Good luck with this cycle. I'll be keeping you in my thoughts.

Dea.nna said...

Wow...must be getting serious if you shaved your legs. LOL!
You're my hero for giving yourself the injection! Good job! I've got my fingers crossed and I'm saying some prayers!!!

Alex said...

I'm so impressed that you rocked the injections! Much better than you - I cried a little each time... You're one strong bee-otch!!! This cycle is definitely going to work - we're all behind you!

Candidly_Andrea said...

Fingers are crossed my dear! Way to go on giving yourself the injections! Hoping this cycle is it!

Anne said...

Best of luck to you both!
We got our lesson this morning and I start the Suprefact injections on Friday. Mine have to be done between 4 and 7pm, so not so bad. I was a big girl too and it wasn't as bad as I thought :)

Pregnant Yuppy said...

Anne ~ you poor thing. My Suprefact is a nasal spray not an injection.

My Chart

Related Posts with Thumbnails
There was an error in this gadget