BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Spring Forward


Tonight before you go to bed, remember to set your clocks forward an hour for Daylight Saving's Time. That's right folks, you will lose an hour this weekend! This is the only time of the year when you can truthfully say "sorry, I ran out of time".


I grew up in Saskatchewan. One of the only places in the world (that I know of) that doesn't do Daylight Saving's Time. The time there, is the same year round. You see, DST was started during one of the wars (I don't know which one) to help preserve fuel (oil for lamps, electricity, etc.). When the war was over Saskatchewan said: "well, that was a pain in the ass. We're glad that's over" (or something like that). And we never touched the clocks again!

That is one thing that I actually miss from my home province. I think it's time that we all protest this loss of time and stop messing with our clocks. Do you know how many clocks I have? Do you? And just when I think I've found them all I find another one. Then in a couple of days I'll freak out because I'll be late for an appointment because the clock in my car will be wrong!

Once the time changes my family will be living in 4 separate time zones: EST, CST, MST, and PST. The only thing that would make it more confusing is if I had family in Newfoundland!


1 comments:

The Quest For Baby Hang said...

I didn't know there was ANY place that they don't change their clocks.

My Chart

Related Posts with Thumbnails
There was an error in this gadget