BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, April 9, 2010

9DP3DT

Well folks, I'm the final stretch of my IVF 2ww. Today I am 9 days past transfer. I know that probably 80% of women in my situation would have already taken the plunge and tested by now - I am not one of them. My feeling on testing early, in any 2ww, is that as long as I haven't tested, there's still a chance that the outcome could be a BFP.


For once am not being plagued with IPS (imaginary pregnany symptoms) which could be a blessing or a bad omen. That's not to say that I haven't had a few "symptoms" but I've chalked them up to side effects from the Prometrium and Estradol.

However if you are one of those people who likes to obsess over symptoms here they are:
  • fatigue - I slept in today until 10:30!
  • bloating - which could still be from the IVF retrieval
  • the occasional twinge of nausea
  • skin break out - not on my face, but I have a few pimples on my back
And that's about it. My pregnancy test is scheduled for next Friday. We'll know then if one of my embryos has decided to stick around.

7 comments:

Anne said...

Fingers crossed for you! I will be the same, no home tests for me...

Gurlee said...

Ooh, best of luck. I would be in the same boat as you, waiting to test. I will be looking forward to your news.

HopeBPatient said...

I'm with you on the not-testing. I didn't test on my last IVF cycle because we'd already had the experience of getting pregnant once last August on our own and having the first beta be low and then not double appropriately (and ultimately had a D&C). In that case, a stick would have shown I was pregnant. So, this time around I decided I didn't want to get false hope from a stick and wanted to know what that first beta was in case it was a 'bad' beta level. Unfortunately it was negative, but at least there wasn't endless reading "between the lines" of a stick. Wishing a BFP for you!! Hang in there!

Alex said...

NEXT Friday??? Why so late? Are you going to test at all before then?

I think the lack of IPS is a blessing - less to drive you nuts while you wait. Have a fabulous weekend!!!!

Sweet Georgia said...

I'm with you on the no testing.I hope the next week flies by for you and that you're greeted with wonderful news at the end of it.

Ali Foley Shenk said...

You are so brave to wait!! I'm horribly impatient. Thank you for sharing honestly your struggle to conceive. Wishing for you the best....

Rosie said...

Aaah... you and I are on exactly the same cycle day. I have my beta today (Monday) tho. I already tested negative three times over the weekend.. We shall see. I have no idea which is better.. to test or not. I know for sure that I will be verrry surprised if I am positive!

Good luck!!! I will be checking back here!

My Chart

Related Posts with Thumbnails
There was an error in this gadget