BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Distractions




Today is 6dp3dt (6 days past a 3 day transfer), or 9DPO (9 days past ovulation). I'm doing everything in my power to not think about TTC, IVF, the 2WW, my upcoming pregnancy test, what happens if it fails, what happens if it works, etc.

I've never been one of those women who spends my 2ww (2 week wait) testing every day. My theory is that if I don't test, there's still a chance that I could be pregnant. I'd love to test to get it over with and to put me out of my waiting misery, but wait if it's negative?

So I wait. And while I wait I look for things to distract me from my situation. Mostly it involves drinking lots of Gatorade to ward off any symptoms of OHSS, and playing online scrabble against Hubby.

Truth be told I've been pretty good throughout the day, but once I go to bed my mind just won't shut up about it! Fertility clinics should offer an option to patients that puts them in a coma post transfer for the duration of the 2ww. Imagine it, one minute you're in a room having your embryos transferred into your uterus and the next minute you're walking up and it's time for your pregnancy test! Fastest 2ww ever!

If you want to obsess for me here are my "symptoms":
  • pulling and stretching feeling in the abdomen (I can't call it cramps, but it sometimes feels tight)
  • fatigue (this can be a side effect of the Progesterone and Estradol that I'm taking though)
  • bloating - but I wouldn't read too much into this as there is always a risk of OHSS and that can be a symptom (hence the Gatorade)
  • I had a few "randy" dreams this weekend - maybe I'm missing my dates with Wandy.
And that's about it. Sorry, there isn't more to report. I will keep you posted.

6 comments:

braving-ivf said...

Have you had the pulling/stretching feeling before? I'm pregnant for the first time (hit 5 weeks today!), and I call them 'twinges' -- not cramps, like you say, but odd feelings, and in my low belly.

Fingers crossed for you!

Jessica said...

I had the same twinges and naughty dreams :)

Ashley said...

Love the idea of a coma. I'd sign up! :) fingers crossed!!

Sweet Georgia said...

LOL at the 2ww coma idea!

Your 2ww is almost up and hopefully you'll have some very good news!

Alex said...

I would love the coma - it would be so much easier!!!!

The nights are the hardest times, aren't they? The only thing that gets me through is relaxation and imagery exercises at night, which help me sleep...

And enjoy those randy dreams! I find after those, I just have a better day! :)

Holly said...

I was the same way during my last 2ww, the fear of a bfn kept me far away from any hpts. Oh and the coma idea is genious, just think of how much more $ they could make off of us, cause I know I would have signed up!

Your symptoms sound promising. I am keeping my fingers crossed for you!!

My Chart

Related Posts with Thumbnails
There was an error in this gadget