BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, April 12, 2010

My Crappy Day

I had a really bad day today. First off I hardly slept last night. I still have my OHSS symptoms which make every waking moment very uncomfortable. Early in the afternoon I started to feel period cramps - which would make sense, she's due any day now. When I went to the washroom this evening there was a pink tinge to my CM. I knew it was over.

Let's face it. This was not your text book IVF treatment. Our fertilization and embryo reports were in the crapper. We didn't have any leftover embryos to freeze. I've got a mild case of OHSS which makes all clothes (including maternity clothes) incredibly uncomfortable. To borrow a phrase from Fertility Chick - I was feeling pretty stabby.

I told Hubby that I would probably call in sick tomorrow. I didn't think that I could stand to be around people after getting my period and/or testing BFN.

Thanks to gallons of Gatorade that I've been drinking I decided that I may as well test tonight. Why not cap off my crappy day with more bad news - right? Wrong! Look what I got!



I don't know if I actually believe it or not. I have to keep looking at it as it sits on the coffee table. Don't tell Hubby but I'm tempted to bring it to bed with me tonight!

My "official" test is on Friday.

We beat so many hurdles to get here, now we have to hope that this pregnancy sticks.


19 comments:

Keri Ewald said...

Hey!! I have been following your blog for awhile now. I have been TTC with low sperm count and Endo for 14 months now...I ALSO got a BFP today!!!! So congrats from me to you!!! OMG!!! I am soo happy for you!

rebecca said...

Sorry you're feeling so crappy, but OMG congrats on the BFP!!! Thinking of you today, rest up & enjoy the good news! Sending good vibes that all will continue to go well.

Michelle said...

I am so excited for you! I am now saying every prayer there is that this little one (or little ones) stick for you! Are you testing again before Friday? I POAS every day for about a week with this pregnancy - just could not find a way to let myself believe it.

Resplendentquetzal said...

Congratulations, I've been checking and checking to see if you had tested yet. We too had very little response on our IVF (only 10 eggs retrieved), and whatnot with nothing left to freeze and even though I was convinced it didn't work we now have twin girls... so keep up the hope!

Anne said...

Congratulations! It only takes one, right?! I'm so happy for you :)
I hope we are so lucky!

Lisa said...

Awesome!!! I'm so excited for you and can't wait to hear how Friday's beta is :)

Gurlee said...

Aww, how potentially exciting! I really hope this is it for you! GL!!

Alex said...

WOW!!! That's so exciting! You take care of yourself and hope you feel better, and oh I'm so very excited for you!!!!!!

KaryRN said...

I am so so happy for you!!! Stick little bean STICK!!!!!!!!!! Praying that this is your super sticky one. You deserve this!


Whoo hooo beautiful BFP!!!

Malinda said...

OMG!!!! yeah!!!!

I'm so happy and excited for you... sending you lots of sticky vibes for bean to just stay put and grow, grow, grow!

Kacy said...

Holy Cow!! I am sending all my good karma your way for the coming days. Go progesterone, go!

www.infertilityinstability.blogspot.com

Pregnant Yuppy said...

Thank you everyone! Believe me, I'm more shocked than anyone.

I called the fertility clinic today. They still want me to go in for an "official" test. That is booked for Saturday.

I'm trying not to get too excited just in case something goes wrong, but at the same time, I really want to enjoy these moments!

Pregnant Yuppy said...

Thank you everyone! Believe me, I'm more shocked than anyone.

I called the fertility clinic today. They still want me to go in for an "official" test. That is booked for Saturday.

I'm trying not to get too excited just in case something goes wrong, but at the same time, I really want to enjoy these moments!

lastchanceivf said...

A HA! I told you those were some beautiful embryos! Congrats!

Holly said...

so so so happy and excited for you!!! Congrats :)

BeEncouraged said...

hahaha i could kill you. I was feeling so bad and then seen the pregnant results. Very promising:-)

Busted Kate said...

Woop Woop!!!! Sticky sticky sticky sticky sticky sticky sticky (I'll keep repeating in my head for you).

Congrats! HUGS!!!

Busted Kate said...

DUDE! What kind of test is that? And what's with the 1-2??

Pregnant Yuppy said...

Kate - it's a digital test bought here in Canada. It tells you in both official languages! The 1 -2 signifies that it has been 1-2 weeks since conception.

My Chart

Related Posts with Thumbnails
There was an error in this gadget