BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, May 30, 2010

11 Weeks


Today marks the 11th week of my pregnancy. I hate to be a "Debbie Downer" but I don't know if I ever believed that we would make it this far. I think I'm still trying to protect myself by expecting the worst.

Truth be told, nothing about this pregnancy is the same as my previous pregnancy. I remember 2 years ago having awful, awful cramps in the evening which we attributed to my uterus growing and expanding. Now I wonder if it was a sign of bad things to come? Last time I really didn't have any "symptoms" except for tender breasts.

This time around my symptoms are so much different. My breasts are not sore (although occasionally will tingle to let me know that they are there). The first physical symptom that I had was a noticeable increase in visible veins on my chest! I'm very fair skinned and now it looks like I have a roadmap on my breasts!

I'm also nauseous - however I've found that if I pretty much eat constantly that goes away. Thankfully nothing has come of the nausea. The Morning Chickness Bags that I bought (I bought 40 of them) will be re-gifted to someone in the future.

I'm definitely more tired that usual. On the weekends I can easily sleep for 10 hours (although I do need to get up at least once to pee during that time). I've got to be honest, getting up for work has not been pleasant! By the time I get to the office, I'm ready for another nap!

By far the biggest change in me though is my bathroom habits (WARNING: Do not read on if you don't like to hear about bathroom habits.) I have IBS (irritable bowel syndrome) and it's not unusual for me to go a couple of days without a bowel movement. Well, now it's unusual if I have fewer than 3 or 4 a day! I don't know how one body can produce so much poo! (I wonder if I will have a similar comment when I'm changing diapers?) It's no wonder I've lost 5 lbs.

And yes, you've read that right. Even though I pretty much eat every couple of hours, I've lost 5 lbs. And even though I've lost 5 lbs, none of my pants fit! I'm this close to becoming that woman who goes to the grocery store in her flannel pajama pants! This close I tell you.

Important dates this week: On June 2nd I get to meet my new Dr. Please keep your fingers crossed that I like her. I really don't want to go back to my regular GPs office with my tail between my legs.


6 comments:

Jin said...

Hope you like your new Dr!

Five pounds? I'm jealous! I lost 10 during the first trimester due to being nauseous from weeks 4-13 and only eating bread and cheese! And none of my clothes fit either after week 6, it was bizarre. Now I think my body is trying to make up for lost time packing on the pounds two at a time each week, lol.

Teamjinfred.wordpress.com

zengirl said...

Wow! I never knew they made such trendy bags for barfing into! I'm glad your nausea isn't too bad. Anyway, hitting 11 weeks-that's great! Your body sounds so "alive" now. I'm sure you have a preggers glow about you ;-) I know you're still worried so I'm sending you extra sticky vibes your way.... ((HUGS))

Dee said...

Congrats on getting to 11 weeks! I cant understand MS, some people get nausea some get both nausea and vomitting and some get none. Its so strange.

Waiting Lisa said...

Congrats on 11 weeks! I hope you like your new doctor :)

* Butterflygurl* said...

Hey,
I've enjoyed stumbling over your blog. I want to follow you and keep up, but I just wanted to say congrats on the baby. I have PCOS and have been trying to conceive for over two years now. So I can relate and understand how you feel. Feel free to check out my blog, I'd love to add your blog to my blog roll, and I hope you will follow me, and add me as one of your favorite sights. I'll be praying for you. Here's my blog. Follow me.

http://ourjourneythrufaith.blogspot.com/

God Bless,
Jessie

Alex said...

Congratulations on making it to 11 weeks!!! That's crazy that you've lost 5 pounds without having to throw up - I'm sure you'll make up for it soon...

So happy that everything keeps going well for you!!!

My Chart

Related Posts with Thumbnails
There was an error in this gadget