BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, May 6, 2010

7 Week Ultrasound

Monday was a whirlwind of a day for us. I didn't get home from Ohio until late on Sunday night, I hardly slept at all that night (most likely due to nerves). In the morning Hubby and I had our u.s appointment, then we had to rush back to the airport to drop off my Mom who was still in town.

Truth be told, between all the rushing around on Monday, and work Tues - Thurs, and constant exhaustion, I haven't had the energy to update my blog. I'm so sorry! Forgive me this transgression!

I'm sure you aren't here to read about my trip to Ohio (I'll update another time on that) or to hear about my lost luggage or anything. I know you're really just here to find out about my ultrasound. And that's why I love you all!

Here goes. I told the technician that I was terrified as I'd had a miscarriage 2 years ago. She first did an abdominal scan and said that my ovaries were still really swollen from the OHSS and that they may get in the way of our dear friend Wandy. She also said that it could take months for the swelling to go down (which explains why my belly is already so big!).

Wandy makes his appearance. I couldn't really see much on the monitor and my heart rate jumped with anxiety. I knew that this was the end. But wait! She confirmed there is a sac in there. And, it has a heartbeat!! (imagine me letting go of 7 weeks of nerves in a single breath). The baby is measuring exactly 7 weeks so we're right on track.

To recap: 1 baby, 1 heart beat, 2 relieved parents to be!

7 comments:

Sweet Georgia said...

Woohoo! Congratulations on one baby one heartbeat! Sounds like a magical moment.

(as an aside, sorry your luggage got lost - that stinks)

zengirl said...

OMG! That's amazing news! I am so, so thrilled for you! Congratulations!

AnGèLe said...

Oh YAY!!! I got goose bumps!! So happy for you!! xoxoxo
Grow grow grow little bean! :)

Alex said...

Oh congratulations!!! I'm so incredibly happy for you! That heartbeat must have been wonderful for you to see!!!!

Kacy said...

YaHOOOOOO!! I am so excited for you! Sending you all the best to keep that bean cooking.
www.infertilityinstability.blogspot.com

Lisa said...

I'm thrilled for you ... amazing news!

Busted Kate said...

YIPEEE!!!!! Congratulations!!!! I'm so so so so so thrilled and relieved. Yay!!

Now here's to hoping I get the same good news for me next Thursday...

My Chart

Related Posts with Thumbnails
There was an error in this gadget