BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day For the Infertile

I have such mixed emotions about Mother's Day. On one hand, it's a made up holiday by the greeting card companies to sell more cards. On the other hand, it's always good to thank our mother for putting up with us. But Mother's Day for the Infertile is just a cruel reminder of what you don't have (yet).

For many years I secretly hoped that Hubby would get me a card from the cats. He never did. Today I thought how nice it would be if he got me a card or flowers or something to celebrate our pregnancy - he didn't. I'm not surprised, but he doesn't know how many brownie points he's missing out on!

We love going out for breakfast on the weekends. We always skip it on Mother's Day and Father's Day. It's just too busy. One of the things that we love about going out for breakfast is the quiet relaxed pace of the meal. Today I feel like I'm held hostage in my own home!

So knowing that my feelings for this day are rather ambivalent you're probably wondering why I'm even bothering to post. If you truly know me you know that I would much rather be posting about the 50th anniversary of the Pill. But I now that so many of my readers are struggling with infertility and that Mother's Day can be a very cruel reminder of what you don't have.

So I say, take back this day! Rejoice in what you have! Take some time, go to the mall and buy yourself something nice. You deserve it! Open a bottle of expensive wine and drink it without prejudice! See a pair of sexy shoes that you love but don't have anywhere to wear them? Buy them - even if it's just to stare at them in your closet.

Mother's Day is now your day! Go on, say it with me: "Today is MY day!!" Sleep in, eat chocolate, and do whatever you want. You may not get any cards or flowers, but you can have a great day!

Happy YOU Day!

1 comments:

phyjess said...

This mother's day I found out I'm pregnant after infertility treatments and 2 yrs TTC! I feel like I'm in this with you each step of the way, including secretly hoping my hubby would think of his new mommy-to-be on this Hallmark holiday. I guess they think it's their last year off :0) HAHAHA

My Chart

Related Posts with Thumbnails
There was an error in this gadget