BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, June 14, 2010

The Comments Keep on Coming

We all know that once you become pregnant you become a beacon for unwanted advice and eventually unwanted belly rubs (I can't wait for that one - no really, give it a rub, but you'll lose a hand). If that annoys you (and of course it does), try having a due date right around Christmas!


The latest comments that we have been getting now include "Christmas is such a horrible time to have a baby".

Oh wow. How do you respond to that one? Don't get me wrong, I have a lot of responses, but none are really suitable for posting on a public forum. So tell me, what would you say?

6 comments:

Busted Kate said...

Every time I tell someone we're due December 23rd, they say "ohhh... we'll you'll have to celebrate their birthday earlier or later".

Anonymous said...

I can't even think what I would say, but I can imagine some of the things going through YOUR head!

Lenore

Jin said...

Tell them that's probably why they're not having a baby around Christmas. I'm due in November, but I just keep it to the month and not tell anyone a specific date.

It's mean, but people are just so rude when they see a pregnant belly. And I got my belly pinched the other day. Yup. I was distracted and my hands were full so I couldn't retaliate.

teamjinfred.wordpress.com

zengirl said...

Say - "Bullshit! Anytime is a great time to have a baby! It's a time to celebrate the miracle of life, no matter when!" But I know it gets expensive if everyone's birthdays around Christmas. My bro-in-law, my sis-in-law, 2 of my nieces and my nephew all have birthdays within a week of christmas! It makes me think - does fertility go up during spring time? In nature, spring is often the mating season for animals, humans included? LOL

Michelle said...

I have a friend whose birthday is December 21. He did not mind having a Christmas birthday. His wife is now due on Christmas day and he loves that he will have a baby due around Christmas.

Anytime is fantastic time to have a baby!!

Resplendentquetzal said...

My son, now 4, was born in mid-Nov. and our twin girls, on Dec. 18. Yes, it was a hectic Christmas last year, what with a trip to the hospital for blood checks, but honestly, we waited so long to have the girls, that due date was never a thought in our minds. Our son is adopted so we had no input in that! He also came home to us on Dec. 21, so we have a lot packed in those days. :-) I don't have anything to counter with, so sorry there. In the end it's how you celebrate your child's special day.

My Chart

Related Posts with Thumbnails
There was an error in this gadget