BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, June 26, 2010

My Week

Have you ever had "one of those days"? You know, the kind where something mildly irritating happens first thing in the day and that seems to set the tone for the entire day. Well, I've just come through one of those weeks!

The past seven days have been filled with ups and downs leaving me thoroughly exhausted. I feel like I've just run a marathon (well, I'm guessing that my muscles would hurt a lot more if I ran a marathon, but since I have zero desire to do that, this is close enough). Where to begin??

~Saturday~

We've been half-heartedly trying to sell my Rav4 since April. It's been a great vehicle and we both liked it, but Hubby felt like now was the time to upgrade to a bit bigger of a vehicle while we were both still working. We've had lots of people come to see it and make inquiries, but all of the offers that we had were ridiculously low. Finally last week a nice couple came by, they loved it, and offered our asking price - the catch? They wanted it ASAP!

So last Saturday we sold it - I signed it over and I was carless (which is a lot better than being homeless). No big deal. We had already looked at other cars and had one picked out. We'd give the dealership a call and hopefully by next weekend we could pick it up. In the meantime, I would drive Hubby to & from work everyday.

~Sunday~

Hubby and I were all excited today. The day started out great, the weather was perfect and we had a great morning on the patio enjoying it. The CFL pre-season had started and our favourite team was in town to play the local team, and we had tickets.

The day got steadily worse from there (and worse is an extreme understatement). First, our team lost. No wait, scratch that, they were annihilated. But, it was a pre-season game, so we weren't too upset. Then we got home.

A message from my mom awaited. When we spoke she let me know that my aunt had passed away earlier in the day. I won't rehash it all here, but I will say that I was shocked. I knew that she was sick, but I thought that she would have more time.

~Monday - Wednesday~

I had to try to cram a week's worth of work into 3 days, reschedule client meetings, drive Hubby to/from work, make travel arrangements, find a cat sitter, and - oh yeah, and now we need a new car ASAP!

We ate like crap all week. I can't remember cooking any meals at home - and that is totally not like us at all. And did I mention that the dishwasher broke - again!?

One up from this week is that I had my 14 week Dr. appointment and I got to hear the baby's heartbeat again. I recorded it on my iPhone for Hubby who wasn't able to make it to my appointment.

We were also able to pick up our new car on Wednesday night. But it was so hard to be excited about getting it knowing that we would be driving it to my aunt's funeral.

~Thursday - Saturday~

We drove 6.5 hours to get back to our homeland. It is by far, the most boring drive to make. If you don't believe me, try driving through the prairies in spring sometime. There is nothing to see. The crops aren't up, and there aren't a lot of trees or anything. It's so boring it's exhausting. But we got there in one piece - the new car was great.

The funeral was on Friday. I think I'll create a post all of its own maybe tomorrow or Monday.

And then we drove home again today.

I'm pooped!

Now I realize that this is one of the longest, most boring posts that I have ever written. If you made it this far I appreciate your dedication.

I'm grateful that this week is finally over.

1 comments:

Ashley said...

I am so sorry to hear about your Aunt. Hope this week is a better week!!

My Chart

Related Posts with Thumbnails
There was an error in this gadget