BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, July 23, 2010

18 Week Ultrasound!

As I mentioned yesterday, today was my 18 week ultrasound. I've got to be honest with you. I was terrified. I don't know if I was scared because of our prior loss and the fact that I still haven't felt any movement, or if because I've known so many women who've had mid-pregnancy losses. Either way I was definitely more scared than excited.

This morning I dreamed about the appointment. I dreamed that we got into the exam room and the technician asked Hubby "how long has the dementia been here?" I'm thinking: dementia? What the heck is she talking about? Sure I'm more forgetful lately but why is she talking dementia?

While this dialogue is going through my head Hubby calmly answers "oh, about a month now". So now I'm totally confused! Next thing I know she showing us that the baby is a boy. Then the cat woke me up. Pregnancy does strange things to your mind!

Our actual appointment was not like that at all. The technician was great and didn't bring up dementia at all! She even put my mind at ease by telling me that she didn't feel any movement in her pregnancy until week 24.

The baby is very, very active. She had a lot of trouble getting the shots she needed to take the right measurements. Thankfully, all organs and bones are where they should be and look great. The heartbeat was 150 BPM.

My uterus was somewhat contracted so she couldn't get a good look at my uterus. Then the baby was blocking our view and would not move so she couldn't check the umbilical cord either. She said that there is a tiny chance of placenta previa and said that I will have to come back in another 10 weeks or so for another ultrasound. She really wasn't concerned so I'm not concerned - and I'll get to see the baby again!

Enough of my ramblings, here's the baby!


The Terminator face:

Profile shot with open mouth:

Right ear


Right foot




10 comments:

AnGèLe said...

Hello beautiful baby!! What amazing pics! So excited for you! Those movements are just around the corner and then you will be peeing yourself every time baby kicks your bladder! Its awesome! ;)

Alex said...

Wow - so cute! I'm glad the appointment went well!

zengirl said...

Oh WOW! WOW! WOW!!!! I'm thrilled the pregnancy's going well for you.

"how long has the dementia been here?"...."oh, about a month now"..... LOL!!!

Java said...

So what is it?? Boy or girl??

Ashley said...

Beautiful pictures!! Did you find out the gender or are you keeping it a secret from us? :)

Anonymous said...

Wonderful news! Congrats on a great appointment!
Lenore

wait, what? said...

Congrats on your appointment! It is crazy how IF makes us nervous about ultra sounds instead of excited....

Waiting Lisa said...

Beautiful!!

Anonymous said...

Wow. Beautiful pictures. I just wanted to say congratulations on your pregnancy. I love reading your blog and I think you are amazing. You give us all hope. Thank you.

Busted Kate said...

YAY!!! Congrats!!! I had a dream we were having a boy too!

My Chart

Related Posts with Thumbnails
There was an error in this gadget