BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Had a Doctor Appointment Today

With each milestone, I start to feel more relaxed and excited. I had an appointment with my Doctor today. Each time I hear that heartbeat on the doppler it brings me such joy. I'm sorely tempted to go to one of those places where you can pay them to record the heartbeat and then they will put it into a teddy bear for you. I could listen to that sound all day.


The bad news is that my placenta is low and may be covering the cervix. The doctor is not worried as she said that is common and it will most likely move (did you know that a placenta could move? I keep picturing it like a little crab walking all over my uterus now). But to make sure I will have to have another ultrasound in about 10 weeks. Oh shucks. Until then if I experience any bleeding, no matter how slight, I am to get my butt to the hospital ASAP! Thank goodness that hasn't been a problem.

While I might not be comfortable enough to rush out to buy things for the baby just yet, I've had a smile on my face ever since the appointment.

The doctor did say to add more calcium to my diet. So, being the cooperative patient that I am, I got myself a Blizzard on the way home. I told Hubby that I was just following doctor's orders!

5 comments:

AnGèLe said...

YAY! Ive always loved that sound on the doppler! You should totally get that teddy bear! Sending you moving placenta vibes! (Ive known several women with the same issue.. and all has been well without causing complications!!)

Sweet Georgia said...

I'm glad that the appointment went well, even if the placenta could be close to your cervix. I'll add my hope that the placenta moves. The creepy crawling placenta gives me the heebeejeebees.

Michelle said...

It is strange that the placenta can move but I have a friend here at work who got the same news at her 20 week ultrasound. She had a follow up and the placenta was no longer an issue. I hope yours coopperates as well.

As for the "get your butt to the hospital" comment. I got that too around 19 weeks. I didn't have placenta issues but my doctor said if ANYTHING happens you go straight to L&D. Thankfully I have not had to.

Definitely get something with the heartbeat in it to listen to. I love hearing it and so does DH. He gets the biggest smile on his face (for the heartbeat and anytime he feels baby kick).

Alex said...

Yay for doctor-prescribed Blizzards! Hope your placenta issue gets better - love the visual of your crab-walking placenta...

zengirl said...

I like your doctor's ultra-conservative stand on bleeding. When it comes to issues like that, it's better to be overly-concerned and have it checked right away! My gynae told me the last time I miscarried that if I got pregnant again, I was to see him right away and tell the receptionist that it was an emergency! I guess you could say these types of doctors are really dedicated! Don't you love Type A doctors!!!

I hope your placenta situation resolves itself and moves to a better parking spot!

My Chart

Related Posts with Thumbnails
There was an error in this gadget