BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Today's Ultrasound

I'm back from my unexpected ultrasound (see previous post). The results are mixed. My placenta is indeed very low lying. Right now it is only about 0.5 cm from my cervix. A little too close for comfort if you ask me. What that means is that if I see any spotting or bleeding, I need to go straight to the hospital.

Also, the baby is measuring small (but still within the normal range). The OB wants to do 2 more ultrasounds to monitor my progress. The next one in 2 weeks, and another one in 4 weeks. He's hopeful that as the baby and the uterus grow that the placenta will move away from the cervix. If the placenta does not move I will most likely be labelled as "high risk" and will have to eventually go on bed rest.

The good news is, other than being a little on the small size, the baby is doing great. The heartbeat is strong and the baby is very active.

So they discharged me and said to take it easy. Nothing strenuous (i.e. no lifting and no sex). But better safe than sorry.

My plan is to take life easy and to ignore a lot of the crap that comes my way (read: work). I'll be talking to my managers tomorrow to see what we can do at work to make things easier, and there will be no more quick stops at the grocery store on my way home from work.

It's no surprise that the baby is small. I haven't quite gained 10 pounds yet. I've been eating a lot of fruits and veggies and don't really have the appetite for meats. I will do my best to pack on the pounds in the next 2 weeks and hope that the baby absorbs most of it.

3 comments:

Busted Kate said...

Whoa. Whoa. Ok, lots of emotions... freaking out, but relieved things are ok. Praying that things fix themselves down there. I'm so sorry all this happened, I can't imagine your trip on Saturday. Hang in there, please please please keep me posted. Our little ones are going to be internetz BFFs!

AnGèLe said...

Sorry to hear about the mixed reviews! Happy to hear your little one is a wiggle worm and doing well!! Light duties and being pampered is now the plan!! xo

thoughtful intellect said...

I started following just a bit ago and I just wanted to say that I am happy you're doing okay and that I hope they continue to be. I know how frightening any little scare could be at the moment!

My Chart

Related Posts with Thumbnails
There was an error in this gadget