BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, October 8, 2010

30 Week Ultrasound

This morning I went for my f/u ultrasound to find out my fate. 5 weeks ago after experiencing some bleeding, an ultrasound revealed that I have an extremely low-lying placenta. If the placenta stayed where it was, I would most likely end up on bed rest.

Today the doctors wanted to take another look and see where it was. It's funny, I thought my dates with Wandy were a thing of the past - not so. Poor Hubby, Wandy has seen more action than he has since we started with the IVF.

The good news is that the placenta has indeed moved away from the cervix. Not much, but some. 5 weeks ago it was only 0.5 cm from the opening of the cervix. Today it was 1.2 cm away. I'm still not 100% out of the woods as they want to see it 2 cm away. The doctor that we talked to today said that they expect to see it move about 1 mm a week (for my American readers, 1 mm is about the thickness of a dime). It looks like I will be getting ultrasounds every 2 weeks from now until birth.

Okay, now onto the fun stuff. The baby! Once again he showed us how stubborn he is (more proof that they didn't switch embryos at the clinic). No matter what the technician tried, he would not move his hands away from his face - at all!

Our appointment was for 9:15 am, and our baby is not a morning person. I tried to give him a jump start by drinking lots of orange juice before our appointment, that didn't work.

But he was moving around a lot and at one point we got to see him blink and yawn. That was really cool! He is already head down (let's hope he stays that way). His heartbeat today was 163 bpm.

The pics aren't that great this time. Here's a profile shot - you can see his hands right in front of his face.

This pic shows how squished he is. You can see he has his feet, hands and face all together.


3 comments:

Kacy said...

Wow!! I can't believe you are 30 weeks already! Glad that your placenta is improving. Hopefully it keeps going well for you. Best wishes.
www.infertilityinstability.blogspot.com

zengirl said...

This is really great news. I'm happy to hear that things are stable and that baby is doing well! Awesome!

Sweet Georgia said...

I'm glad the placenta has moved a little and will hope that it continues to move more. The pics are awesome; he really does look squished in there!

My Chart

Related Posts with Thumbnails
There was an error in this gadget