BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Going Through Some Changes

Now that Nathan is here I'm going through an identity crisis of sorts.  For a very, very long time, Hubby and I were "yuppy D.I.N.K.S" (double income no kids).  Then I got pregnant, had a miscarriage, then went through 2 years of infertility, and finally IVF treatments before becoming pregnant again.

I'm not a greedy person, I am thrilled just to be a mom.  Nathan is destined to be an only child.  Things may have been different if we had any surviving embryos on ice, but we do not.  Being a new parent is stress enough, I'm not going through the stress of TTC again, maybe if we were 10 years younger, but we're not.

While I will always consider myself a member of the exclusive "Infertile" club, and I'll always be a "yuppy", I'm not likely to become pregnant again.  Which brings me to my identity crisis - what do I call myself now?

The only name that comes to mind is "The Yuppy Mummy".  Do you have any thoughts or suggestions?

3 comments:

Sweet Georgia said...

I don't have a suggestion for a name. I can relate to the changing identity feeling.

SingleMamaAdventures said...

Mommy that's a Yuppy...what u think about that..maybe?...or Raising a Lil Yuppy?...or Well I'm a new follower and I'm looking forward to the name change if you shoudl decide on one...and I'm looking forward to more post in 2011. Btw congrats on your LO. :-)

Waiting Lisa said...

I had a hard time with this too.

My Chart

Related Posts with Thumbnails
There was an error in this gadget