BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, January 14, 2011

Not Normally a Risk Taker

Nathan is a pretty good baby (and he's cute too).  He really only fusses when he's hungry or wants to be changed.  He really only cries when he is being changed (he hates to be exposed). He's been sleeping in his crib from the first day that we came home without problems.  Sure, some days he has some gas issues and/or spits up, but that's to be expected of any baby.

A couple of weeks ago he even started to sleep through the night - and that is where my problems begin.

You see, I had to tell everyone how awesome my newborn is.  I wanted to shout from the rooftops (in 2011 terms the "rooftops" equals Twitter and Facebook) that he was consistently sleeping between 5 - 6 hours each night.  Oh sure I thought I heard a voice that said "don't brag, you'll be sorry", but who can be sure?  I'm sleep deprived, I'm hearing voices all the time.

Sure enough, I have jinxed it.  Nathan has gone from sleeping 5 - 6 hours at night to sleeping 2 hours.  And he's not sleeping much longer during the day to compensate either.

If you've been following my tweets you'll notice that most are posted in the middle of the night. This is why.

I think I've completely lost my train of thought now.  Oops.  I guess I shouldn't try to blog until I've had more than a couple of hours of sleep!  Maybe for a while I should stick to uploading photos instead.





6 comments:

Busted Kate said...

Tuck is a great baby, but he's only sleeping 2-3 hours per night! I'm so jealous you even got 6 hours for a brief period of time. Probably just a growth spurt because he needs to eat more often? Hang in there!

Alex said...

For not sleeping much, that boy sure is a cutie! Now you need to post a picture of you! :)

I hope he sleeps better soon, and this is just a very quick phase!!!

Waiting Lisa said...

Ah...babies and kitties...what could be better? He is a super cutie!

Do you swaddle him at night? Our lives changed when Jayden finally started letting us swaddle him at night. He slept so much longer.

I hope he gets back to sleeping longer hours soon!

Pregnant Yuppy said...

We used to swaddle - now we're down to a half swaddle as Nathan always gets his hands out. Maybe I should be more insistent on a full swaddle.

Tonya said...

I gotta LOL at this one...Kaiden did that no sleeping thing for 8 months:) But darn it, Nathan sure is cute!!

Tonya said...

PS-Swaddle TIGHT, its the only way to go:)

My Chart

Related Posts with Thumbnails
There was an error in this gadget