BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

1 Year Anniversary



1 year ago today I injected myself with the first of my IVF drugs.  Those drugs ultimately resulted in my beautiful baby boy.

It's hard to believe that a whole year has passed already.  Last week I went back and reviewed my blog posts during the IVF process.  The first one is here.  The truth is those posts don't accurately reflect how I was feeling at that time.  I was afraid to get too hopeful and I didn't want my posts to always be a downer, so most days I didn't write a post at all.

We were very, very lucky in that our IVF resulted in a pregnancy and a live birth.  Sure we had some bumps along the way (OHSS, no left over embryos) but in the end it was worth it.  And good thing, as this was our only shot!

If IVF is in your future let me say this:

  • The injections are much worse in your mind than in reality.  I self injected for each one.  The bloodwork needle is much, much worse.
  • Do your best to have lots of distractions.  
  • The egg retrieval is fairly simple.  I went out for lunch right after because I was starved.
  • Try to relax for a couple of days after the embryo transfer.  It may not help, but it certainly can't hurt.

Good luck to you all!

1 comments:

Alex said...

One year - amazing! I completely agree with your advice - except the retrieval. It knocked me out!

My Chart

Related Posts with Thumbnails
There was an error in this gadget