BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

5 Month Update

Things have been going well for us.  Hubby has accepted a new job and was able to take a week off in between.  It has been so great having him home.  It really makes me wish that we were independently wealthy so he could be home all of the time.  Instead I guess we'll have to hold out until we win the lottery (reminder: buy a lottery ticket).

We recently switched our cable t.v. provider to get a better rate.  Not only does our rate drop, but we get more channels.  One of the new channels is called Baby T.V.  Nathan loves it.  While I don't advocate using the t.v. as a babysitter for your child, it does allow me enough time to eat breakfast (or update my sorely neglected blog).



I am starting to get lonely throughout the day.  I try to plan some sort of outing each day so that I don't go stir crazy.  I've been trying to find playgroups in my neighbourhood too, but those that I have found are ending right away for the summer.  Bummer.  There is a kinder music class nearby that I can sign up for though for the month of July.  Once we have our summer plans finalized I may do that.  I think it's time that Nathan starts to make friends with other babies.

I wasn't able to bring him to get weighed on his 5 month birthday so I will do that this week instead.  I think he's gained some weight, but I don't think he's gotten much taller.  A couple of months ago it seemed like he was outgrowing his clothes every couple of weeks.  Now it seems like he is wearing them a lot longer.



Developmentally the biggest milestone is that Nathan has discovered the cats!  He watches them with great interest and will even reach out to touch them when they are near.  The cats seem to tolerate this now, we'll see what they do when Nathan is mobile!


2 comments:

Alex said...

I think it's a great idea to get out and meet other moms/babies. Good for you for doing this! So glad to hear everything's going well - 5 months - crazy how time flies!

Tania-Dreams2011 said...

He is tooo cute! Love that he discovered the cats that will be interesting as he gets older.

My Chart

Related Posts with Thumbnails
There was an error in this gadget