BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, June 13, 2011

Life's Special Moments



I am constantly amazed of the miracle that is my son.  I remember when we were still in the hospital I would hold him and just stare at him.  I could stay that way all day just sitting and staring at him.  As he grows and matures I am still in awe of him.  Each new milestone is as amazing as the last.

One day I was sitting on the floor with Nathan just watching him.  And while I'm in no hurry for him to grow up, I wondered what will he be like as he gets older.  What will I be like?  Will I still be proud of all of his accomplishments?

Then I started to wonder if all other moms are like me.  Did Hitler's mom play with him on the floor when he was a baby?  Was she as fascinated with his growth and development as I am with Nathan's?  Did Hitler Senior ever come home to find his wife blowing raspberries to baby Hitler?

Then those thoughts make me start to worry, what if my son grows up to be evil & homicidal?  So now when I see a criminal on t.v. it makes me sad knowing that s/he started out as an innocent child.  And I wonder if his mom stared at him in complete awe.

2 comments:

Sweet Georgia said...

i know what you mean. I have similar thoughts about our daughter. She has so much ahead of her and there are so many roads she can go down. I too wonder about the people who's lives have gone wrong and how their lives started out.

Becca M said...

I have totally wondered similar things about Jax and Star, esp given SIL's history. I keep telling myself that I can only do what is in my power to keep them off the wrong paths.

My Chart

Related Posts with Thumbnails
There was an error in this gadget