BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Longings

Can I make a confession? Please promise that you won't judge me. Here goes: I miss being pregnant.

I'm missing it so much these days that I'm even going through phantom baby kicks. Each time I feel a kick it very nearly brings me to tears.

I don't know why I'm feeling this way. I love my son with all of my heart and I'm so grateful for him. All we asked for while TTC through infertility was one healthy child, and that's what we got.

While struggling to conceive I used to dread pregnancy announcements on Facebook. I still dread them. They make me jealous in a whole new way.

I don't want another baby. I couldn't handle 2 infants. I just miss being pregnant. And I miss it a lot!

- Posted from my iPhone

3 comments:

Alex said...

I don't judge you! I'm just starting out feeling that movement in my belly and it's the coolest thing in the world - of course I'm going to miss it! I don't know that announcements and comments from fertiles are ever going to feel the same way, no matter what little baby is at home...

Anonymous said...

You're not the only one. I keep having to convince myself that I'm not pregnant again! Keep thinking that I'm feeling baby movements and experiencing other changes... analyzing every little symptom/bump/gurgle. I almost took a pee test yesterday (but didn't have any left over from last time and couldn't bring myself to go to the store because it seemed too absurd). I keep having lucid dreams that I'm pregnant again. It's a little disappointing when I wake up and realize I was dreaming.

Chelle (hanwayink) said...

no more babies here either, and i'm sad too... getting to experience pregnancy once was a blessing, and even tho things got a bit hairy in the end, i'd definitely do it again if we could.

My Chart

Related Posts with Thumbnails
There was an error in this gadget