BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Santa Fail!


The photographer who has taken all of our photos this past year brings Santa into his studio each year.  He charges only slightly more than the mall, plus you get a booked appointment time and your photos are taken by a professional.  Yesterday was Santa day.

Our day did not start out well.  Nathan (and hence me) slept horribly the night before.  I tried to get him to nap around 9 am.  He did fall asleep but woke up as soon as I placed him in his crib.  We left the house at 11:20 for our appointment.  The drive took us about 25 minutes - of which Nathan slept 20 minutes.  The studio was very busy with lots of kids in pyjamas waiting for their photo with Santa.

Chris (the photographer) told me to stay in the lobby and get Nathan all ready.  He got himself and Santa ready in the studio.  Then he called my name and said to just walk in, put N on Santa's lap and back away.  All the while Chris was making lots of distracting noises for N.  No dice. My boy will not be fooled!  He started wailing the second that I let him go!

In the interest of full disclosure I was truly not expecting him to be all happy and excited to see Santa.  Let's face it, Santa can be pretty scary to an almost 1 year old!

Since I've known Chris for a number of years, and referred lots of business his way, he told me to hang out in the studio to let Nathan chill out.  And chill out he did.  He even laughed at Chris' antics while he was trying to get the next kid to smile.

So we tried again.  This time I suggested we give him a candy cane to chew on to distract him.  Nathan loved that idea!  So our second try at a photo resulting in him screaming with a candy cane in his mouth!

No worries, I selected the first shot of him wailing on Santa's knee.  I figure that I can use it to embarrass him with when he's older.  Besides, he's still cute!

After that adventure I went across the street to the pottery place and we made our tree ornament for 2011.  Here it is before I add the date.


By the time the ornament is ready, the photos should be too.  I can't wait to see both of the finished products!

0 comments:

My Chart

Related Posts with Thumbnails
There was an error in this gadget