BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, April 20, 2012

Another Overdue Update

I've been such a neglectful blogger, even more now that I'm back at work.  Truth be told, I only seem to turn my laptop on once every 3 or 4 days.  Yes, I can blog from my phone, but that's hard (I have big fingers).  I guess it's a good thing that this is a non-revenue generating blog or I'd be broke!

Hubby started a new job in early April.  He had to travel for the first 2 weeks and so I got to experience what life as a single, working mother was like.  I didn't like it one bit.  But Hubby is back now and his new job comes with a home office so he is able to take the Babe to daycare in the mornings.

Speaking of day care, our day home has increased her rates dramatically.  I think she bit off more that she could chew!  She has 2 employees that help her during the day, plus she brings in experts each day (Kindermusik, arts & crafts, dance, etc) and that costs her quite a bit.  I'm still on the hunt for childcare with a better location for us, but the longer the Babe is there, the better he is adjusting.  I don't look forward to switching and having him get re-integrated.

I am actually enjoying being back at work, but I've started to put out some feelers for a new job.  I do enjoy my job, but it's been time for a change for many, many years now.  I'm being picky though, wherever I go must have the right culture for me.  I acknowledge that I have it pretty good where I am now, I only work 4 days a week, I have the luxury of coming in late if I have to, and I can leave early too!  Of course, I'm only paid for the hours that I'm there, and I'm okay with that!  But our benefits suck and there's no retirement package either.

Nathan is doing well.  He's walking all over the place.  It's become difficult to take him anywhere because all he wants to do is go!  I hope that he gets over that before our next visit to my family (as I'll be alone with him in the airport).

He's not talking yet, which I admit, has me somewhat concerned.  At least he jibber jabbers a lot and he does recognise words, even if he won't repeat them.  He can do some signs - but only when he wants to.  I think he knows that this frustrates me and that's why he won't communicate!  Of course there's always the risk that once he does start talking, he won't shut up!

I apologize that I have no photos to share - they are all on my phone and I haven't synched my phone in months!  Hopefully I'll make up for that soon!



0 comments:

My Chart

Related Posts with Thumbnails
There was an error in this gadget