BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, May 18, 2012

Confession

I have a problem. When we decided to use cloth diapers one if the main reasons was cost. And we're very happy with our decision, but there's a hidden, secret cost to cloth diapering that no one tells you about.

Nathan's first cloth diapers were purchased used. I really loved the brand (Fuzzi Bunz) so as he started to outgrow the first batch I sought out more of the same used. And I found some. They were in good condition but some were older than others, so I bought a few new ones to add to my stash.

Then a friend of mine told me about Sun Baby diapers. She was placing an order for herself and asked if I wanted any (you can only order in lots, no single diapers). I saw this skull diaper and couldn't resist.



Then one day I realised that Nathan would probably outgrow his Fuzzi Bunz soon. I did find a few used in the next size up, but they weren't in the best condition. So I ordered 12 from Sunbaby. And I ordered a few more from Alva Baby too. Eventually I ordered a few more. Throw in a couple of custom made diapers that I had made, and that's a lot of diapers!




I could rationalize it - after all I have sold all of the diapers that he's outgrown and that money has more than paid for his new ones. But this is getting ridiculous!

So I'm trying to bring a little more pragmatism to our diapers. Nathan is only going to need them for about another year. All of the ones we have now are one-size, so he's not likely to outgrow them.

I am going to resist buying any more. It will be hard when I see new prints or if there's a sale. But resist I must!




- Posted from my iPhone

1 comments:

Alex said...

I could definitely see how buying those dipes could get addictive. So cute!

My Chart

Related Posts with Thumbnails
There was an error in this gadget