BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, December 2, 2012

Cookies!

My new office is hosting an open house this week. Our Director came up with the idea of a one-way cookie exchange for our guests. So we basically bring in cookies and give them away.

So being one of the newbies and all, I decided to try something a little more inspired.

Behold! My new twist on the sugar cookie:

First I separated the dough into 3 and left one white, and dyed the other 2 red & green.



I used basic, liquid food colouring instead of the Wilton this time. The red is a bit pinky so next time I will try the Wilton.




I let the dough chill for about an hour. Then I rolled each colour out between 2 sheets of slightly floured waxed paper. I had never tried that before and it worked so great!

Next I layered the 3 and rolled them up like a cinnamon bun:



I chopped off the ends for a cleaner look. Next I rolled my "cookie burrito" in some sprinkles, covered it in plastic wrap and put it back in the fridge.

Not one to let anything go to waste, I put the remaining dough in my cookie press:



And I made some bonus cookies:



And when cooked:



I let my burrito chill overnight. Today I took it out and made some cookie slices:



Once sliced, I popped them into the oven for a few minutes:



And, voilà! My very own Pinterest success!!



I think they turned out pretty good. Maybe not 100% how I had envisioned but pretty close.

Next challenge: making birthday cupcakes for my too soon to be 2 year old!

2 comments:

Jessah said...

Cute cookies! I'm new to your blog. Just embarking on our 2nd attempt at IVF...it helps to hear success stories. Your babe is beautiful!

Christine Smith said...

seems to be yummy! :)

My Chart

Related Posts with Thumbnails
There was an error in this gadget